This privacy statement covers the data you provide us or we have collected from you or about you. It explains why we collect your data and what we do with your data therefore please read this notice carefully.
Our services, website or app may include links to other independent websites and services not provided by us. As these sites and services are independent they are not under our control and as such we have no responsibility for content on these sites or services and have not approved or checked their privacy notices.
We will typically collect the following personal details from you:
- Your full name, address and other important contact details (phone number, email address and postal address).
- We collect information relating to your identity to comply with the Immigration act and 2017 Money Laundering Regulations.
- We will need to set up an approved tenancy deposit account therefore we will require your bank details.
- In order to find a suitable property for you we will ask for information on any access requirements which may consist of special category personal data including details of disabilities or other relevant health information.
- We may be required by law to collect your personal data (to meet our obligations to prevent money laundering and fraud for example) or under the terms of any contract we have with you. If you are unable to provide the data required when requested, we may be unable to perform or provide the contract or service that we have or are trying to enter into with you In this case, we may have to cancel the product or service you have asked us to supply, but you will be notified if this is the case as soon as possible. Why is your information required and how will we use it? Your personal information will be held and used in the following ways:
- To provide you with our products and services for which we are obligated.
- We may be required to share your information with others to provide a product or service for which we are obligated to you or where acting as agent for a third party on your behalf.
- As part of our regulatory and statutory and obligations, including identity verification, prevention of money laundering and fraud and for the assessment your credit worthiness.
- We may communicate and have contact with you during the course of providing our product and services, for example dealing with your requests and enquiries.
- Your data may provide statistics that can be analysed to plan for future products and services and help manage our business. Where we have your permission to do so or if you are an existing customer your data will be used to provide you, or to enable third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we believe may be of interest or relevant to you. where we choose to contact you by electronic means (including e-mail or SMS) with information about our own goods and services similar to those which you have already obtained from us or negotiated to obtain from us. You can unsubscribe from marketing messages at any time.
- Your usage of our website, app and other online services will be tracked and maybe used to improve these services.
- You may be notified of changes to our products or services
- Your data will be used to ensure our website, app and other online services are presented to you in the relevant format for your device or computer.
How long is your data stored with us?
Your personal data will be retained for different periods depending on the product or service we provide you. This may be a longer period than that for which we need to hold your data to provide those services, i.e. where we are under regulatory or statutory duties to hold your data for a longer period or need to retain it in the event of a legal claim or complaint.
Who do we share your personal information with?
As part of our daily business activity we may pass your data to service providers in order for us to deliver the services you expect from us. These include but are not limited to other companies providing you a service linked to our own, cloud computing host providers and technical support service providers. We will also pass your details where necessary to your legal services and possibly the legal services of other parties to your transaction. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties: Prior consent will be obtained from you before we share your information with third parties for marketing related purposes. User rights
Accessing and updating your information.
It is your right to request a copy of the personal data and information we hold about you. This is known as a data subject access request. It is also your right to request that information we hold about you which may be incorrect, or which may have changed since you first told us, is updated or removed. There is no charge for this service. Please send requests to Mr Rich Burrows, Laycock Group, Sunderland Software Centre, Tavistock Place, SR1 1PB – Data Protection Officer.
Deletion of your information and data.
It is your right to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to store and process it.
Restricting or objecting to our use of your data and information.
It is your right to ask us to suspend the use of your data and information in certain scenarios, or object to our processing your information and data where we are relying on a legitimate interest ground (or those of a third party) and you believe it impacts on your fundamental freedoms and rights, or where your data and information is being processed for direct marketing purposes. Each case will be investigated and in some cases where you object, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your data and information which override your freedoms and rights. Often your data is essential to the supply and delivery of a service provided by us to you. Please note that if you want us to restrict or stop processing your data and information this may impact on our ability to provide that product or service. Depending on the extent of your request we may be unable to continue providing you with our service. Questions, concerns or any other enquiry relating to the way we process and use your data and information is being used can be sent to Mr Rich Burrows, Laycock Group, Sunderland Software Centre, Tavistock Place, SR1 1PB - Data Protection Officer.
Complaints about the use of your personal data and information.
Complaints regarding the use of your personal data and information will be investigated. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data and information, you can contact us to have the matter investigated by writing to Mr Rich Burrows, Laycock Group, Sunderland Software Centre, Tavistock Place, SR1 1PB - Data Protection Officer.
If you believe we are not handling or processing your personal data and information in accordance with the law or if you are not satisfied with our response to a data information complaint or request you can complain to the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found at www.ico.org.uk or 0303 123 1113.